Today is Ronald Reagan's birthday. If he were alive today, he'd be 101. To remember him and his legacy, I've listed some of my favorite quotes below.
1. All great change in America begins at the dinner table.
2. Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty
3. Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
4. Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged
5. Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
6. Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
7. If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
8. If we love our country, we should also love our countrymen.
9. Inflation is as violent as a mugger, as frightening as an armed robber and as deadly as a hit man.
10. It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.
11. People do not make wars; governments do.
12. Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15
13. Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don't interfere as long as the policy you've decided upon is being carried out.
14. There are no easy answers' but there are simple answers. We must have the courage to do what we know is morally right.
15. When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.
In a time when men's hearts are failing them, and the cause of freedom seems but a faint wisper from yesteryears, our hearts long for the time when men like Reagan stood firm, upholding and defending the principles of our founding fathers.
We miss you, Ronald Reagan!
Post a Comment